Sunday, July 28, 2013

I Need a Vacation {Part Two}

Did I mention how effing HOT it was during our week at the beach? Like a legit heat wave, you guys. It was so damn humid, it was almost hard to breathe. I love summer and I'm a beach baby but it was brutal the entire time. Day, night, early morning - it didn't matter. Gross. Moving on...

Monday was another relaxing one for us. We bought a beach umbrella and hung out on the beach all day. I read Mindy Kaling's book in about two hours (a quick read for sure but really cute!). Geoff and I ate dinner at Phillips Seafood, which has several locations in OCM and had been around forever. I had snow crab legs and Geoff ordered the lobster, which he was super excited about.

 
After dinner we stopped by FishTails on 22nd Street and sipped on grapefruit crushes while watching the sun set. I am ALL about sitting on the water and relaxing with a cocktail. It was another early night for us; we wanted to hit the beach the next day and save all our energy for the following evening!



Tuesday afternoon, we trekked back up to Rehoboth to visit our friends Jenn and her bf Dan. Geoff and I both used to work with Jenn several years ago and then she and Dan decided to move to the beach (ughhh I'm so jealous!). We hadn't seen Jenn since our wedding almost a year ago so we were super excited to hang out with them!

First up was Fins Fish House and Raw Bar, where we grabbed apps and beers. Of course we had to have oyster shooters, too! A fresh raw oyster, cocktail sauce and beer in a shot glass? Yummy! (Geoff refused. He said it would come right back up.)


We stopped by the Stoney Lonin, which is where our rehearsal dinner was last year. We stopped by a restaurant called Salt Air, where I got a champagne cocktail (St. Germaine, lime, soda, and champagne). I also tried to get Jenn and Dan to convince Geoff to move to Rehoboth. Not sure it worked, but maybe the seed has been planted? Who knows, I was feeling pretty tipsy by then.
 
 
Me and my Jenn-love!
Thennnnn we decided we should totally go to the Starboard. While we waited for a cab, we stopped in the Purple Parrot for another drink. 

I was definitely feeling good by the time we got into Dewey, as evidenced by this extremely classy shot of me lighting a cig. Yikes. Must have been the multiple Fireball shots we were taking?

 
Back to Jenn and Dan's we went for late night beer pong and "Blurred Lines" on repeat. Overall a successful outing with our friends! Love those guys...wish we could see them more often! ahem...

 

Our last vacation recap is coming up next. Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment