Thursday, May 16, 2013

Treat Yo Self!

Full disclosure: I'm very low-maintenance when it comes to doing my hair and makeup. Sadly, curling my hair is “branching out for me.” But I've been so inspired by all the hair tutorials I've been seeing on blogs lately and decided to venture out of my comfort zone by trying out some new looks!
 
With this in mind, I took a trip to Ulta after work with the intention of buying a decent curling iron. I'm a girl on a budget and I just can't justify spending a ridiculous amount of money on hair stuff. However, I've heard that Hot Tools are the gold standard of hair style tools and I was hoping to find one on sale.
 
Jenna for the win! I bought the Hot Tools Gold Curling Iron, 1 and ¼ inch barrel – orginally $46.99, I got it for $29.99. I'm not a math whiz, but I think I got a great deal. Plus, I LOVE this curling iron. It is legit – heats up quickly and can hold a curl for hours.
 
After wandering the aisles, I ended up with a few more goodies. Here's my Ulta haul:
 

It may not seem like a lot, but I'm not the type of girl to spend hundreds on beauty and hair products. If I run out of shine serum or shampoo, I hit Walgreens and call it a day. It was so nice spending a few extra dollars on myself and in the process, changing up my beauty routine a little!
 
Among my finds:
Beauty Smoothie 3-in-1 Body Wash/Shampoo/Bubble Bath and Body Crème, both in Coconut Lime Cooler: Smells like Bath and Body Works Coconut Lime Verbana. Perfect for summer! $6.00 each
Vidal Sassoon Comb Set: Mostly I wanted it for the teasing comb. I couldn't resist the price! $3.79
Ulta's Automatic Eyeliners in Charcoal and Black - Goes on smooth and stays for hours. $8.00 each
Eosos Lip Balm in Strawberry Sorbet. $3.49
 
In the words of Tom Haverford and Donna from Parks & Rec, “Treat yo self!” (Love that show!)

No comments:

Post a Comment