Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Oh Target, You Minx

I feel a true sense of joy upon entering Target. The mechanical doors open and singing angels descend from the heavens. It's ridiculous, really.

I was just running in there for few toiletries, I swear. How I ended up with a bag full of beauty items, I'll never know. I've been hearing such good things about Elf products here in blogland and I'm never one to pass up a good deal. $1.00 brushes? Bronzer for $3.00? Even a girl on a tight budget can appreciate prices like these!

 
Essie nail polish in Turquoise and Caicos - $7.79
 Elf bronzing brush - $1.00
 Target brand nail polish remover - $1.09
Elf eye primer and liner seal - $3.00
 Elf tinted moisturizer in nude - $3.00
 Elf golden bronzer - $3.00
 Elf mechanical eye lash curler - $1.00
 Elf defining eye brush - $1.00
 Elf eyeshadow brush - $1.00

All this for $22. (Oh and Delaware has tax-free shopping. Boom!) Now I have realistic expectations for inexpensive stuff like this - I'm not expecting miracles or anything. But it's always nice to try something new and I desperately needed new brushes and bronzer.

So far I've tried the tinted moisturizer (it provided light coverage, which is what I wanted) and the bronzer (which gave me a nice glow). I think I'll stick to using a Bobbi Brown brush when applying the bronzer, although the bronzing brush is perfect for highlighting. I think the eyelash curler will be a decent substitute until I can get my hands on another Shu Uemura (the greatest curler of all time!). And can you believe it, this is the first Essie nail polish I've ever owned? I don't usually buy nail polish (I stick to my tried-and-true OPI "La-Pazitively Hot"), so I was super excited to try this color.

It's the little things, dudes. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment