Thursday, June 6, 2013

Stepping Out of My Comfort Zone

I've gotta be honest: I'm not a fashionista.

Cute, comfortable, and cheap = my wardrobe. I live in leggings and cardigans in the winter, sundresses and flipflops in the summer. I'm not a big risk taker. Mainly I'm afraid of looking like an idiot.

I stepped out of my comfort zone recently. Not toooo far, just enough to make myself nervous. I bought jewelry I never would have thought to buy before - statement jewelry! I know I'm about two years behind on the trend but I really love what big bold pieces can do for a simple outfit!

 Like every other girl on the planet, I became obsessed with the J.Crew bubble necklace but there was no way in hell I was dropping $200 to buy one off eBay. Enter GemPearls shop on Etsy. I'm in looooove with it. I want one in every color.


I picked up this blue, green and gold bracelet that I figured would look great once I'm tan. And these pale pink drop earrings that are pretty massive in person. Both from Sam Moon - inexpensive trendy jewelry (and more), but still decent quality. Boom!


 I'm obsessed with this coral-orange-red necklace, also from Sam Moon. The yellow necklace below is from GemPearls Esty shop.

My new jewels in action:

Me and hubs on Cinco de Mayo.

xoxo,
Jenna

1 comment:

  1. Love the necklaces! I tend to buy them and not really wear them bc I feel like I won't look good in them LOL! I'm also now following your blog!

    ReplyDelete